University of Delhi announces the following admission schedule for undergraduate courses for
the academic session 2013-14.
Issue & Receipt of Registration Forms at the Registration centers: 5 June to 19 June 2013
FOR MORE DETAILS
FOR DETAILS OF UG COURSES
DELHI UNIVERSITY UG ADMISSION(4 year)
The University of Delhi will commence the admission process to the various new Four
Year Undergraduate Courses for the academic year beginning July 2013 from June 5,
2013 as follows:
Ø REGISTRATION will begin from June 5, 2013
Ø ADMISSION FORM - there will be a Common Pre-admission form (OMR) that will be available online as well as offline.
Ø All students seeking admission shall have to fill this Common Pre-admission form (OMR).
Ø The offline Common Pre-admission form (OMR) shall be available at the following Centers from 9am to 1 pm for purchase and submission
North Delhi/Central Delhi
Miranda House (North Campus)
Kirorimal College (North Campus)
Faculty of Arts (North Campus)
Swami Sharadhanand College (Alipur)
Zakir Husain College (Jawaharlal Nehru Marg)
Jt. Dean Students Welfare Office (South Campus)
Deshbandhu College (Kalkaji)
A.R.S.D. College (Dhaula Kuan)
Gargi College (Siri Fort Road)
P.G.D.A.V. College (Nehru Nagar, Ring Road)
College of Vocational Studies (Sheikh Sarai)
B.R.Ambedkar College (Yamuna Vihar)
Shyam Lal College ( Shahadara)
Vivekananda College ( Vivek Vihar)
Maharaja Agrasen College ( Mayur Vihar Phase-I)
Rajdhani College (Raja Garden)
Shyama Prasad Mukherjee College (Punjabi Bagh)
Bhagini Nivedita College (Kair, Najafgarh)
FOR MORE DETAILS
Important dates for admission to various Post Graduate Courses offered at South Campus for the year 2013-2014:
LAST DATE FOR APLLICATION ENTRANCE EXAM DATE
· Application Forms and Admission Brochure will be available from 10th of May 2013 (Monday) at D.U. Website.
· Final Selection from the Short-listed Candidates will be done on the basis of Interview performance.
· Last date for the receipt of the application form is 28th June 2013 (Friday) along with the Demand Draft of Rs. 250/- as application fee in favour of The Registrar, University of Delhi payable at Delhi.
· Total No. of seats for the course is 15.
· A Candidate must have qualified the Joint Admission Test (JAM-2013) to M.Sc. in Physics /Chemistry conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) AND few seats are also available for meritorious candidates qualifying the M.Sc. Admission Entrance Test (2013) conducted by the University of Delhi.
· Bachelor’s Degree with Physics/Chemistry as a subject with 60% aggregate marks for General Category & 55% for All Reserved Categories.
· Completed at least one year course in Mathematics.
· For General and Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates. Graduate/Post-Graduate Degree from the University of Delhi or any other Indian or Foreign University recognized as equivalent by the University of Delhi with at least 50% marks or an equivalent grade point in the aggregate in either of them. However. the cut off marks for admission of OBC candidates shall be upto 10% less than the marks notified for general candidates in the Entrance Test.
· For Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) candidates. a Graduate/Post-Graduate Degree from the University of Delhi or any other Indian or Foreign University recognized as equivalent by the University of Delhi.
· Relaxation of 5% marks in the minimum eligibility prescribed for general candidates will be allowed to widows/wards of ex-servicemen/serving personnel (CW) category.
· Relaxation of up to 5% marks in the minimum eligibility prescribed for general candidates will be allowed to the candidates belonging to physically handicapped (PH) category on the recommendations of the Medical Board as per the prescribed procedure.Note: The candidates securing marks prescribed above or appearing in the qualifying Degree examination or awaiting the results of any such examination are eligible to appear in the LL.B. Entrance Test 2010 but the admission will depend on their securing the minimum prescribed eligibility marks. Rounding of a fraction of marks is not allowed.
Last date for submission of Application Form
Monday, 30 May 2013 till 5.00 p.m
Date of LL.B. Entrance Test
Sunday, 9 June, 2013
DU LLB Entrance Exam Pattern:
The test paper will consist of one question paper containing 175 objective type questions with multiple choices answers relating to
· English Language Comprehension,
· Analytical Abilities,
· Legal Awareness and Aptitude
· General Knowledge.
25% Negative Marking is followed in examination.
Reservation of seats :
· Open for all states
· Eligibility : 10+2 , 50%(General) ,
DU LLM Eligibility Criteria:
DU LLM entrance examination, candidates need to have either three-year or five years of LLB degree from a recognized University, with minimum 50% aggregate marks. Relaxation of up to 5% marks is there for Physically Handicapped students. Minimum percentile of marks required has been fixed as 45% in aggregate for candidates belonging to SC/ST/CW category. No relaxation in minimum percentile is there for OBC candidates. Those waiting for the results are also eligible to appear for the entrance examination.
Examination Pattern for DU LLM Entrance Exam
DU LLM Entrance Exam is among the most competitive entrance examinations in the legal field, in India. The entrance exam comprises of 175 objective type questions with multiple choice answers, in the following areas:
· Constitutional Law of India
· Law of Contracts (General Principles)
· Law of Torts
· Criminal Law
· Environmental Law
· Family Law of Marriage & Divorce
· Public International Law (Law of Peace)
Each question consists of four options for the correct answer. The candidate is required to mark the correct answer of each question in a separate OMR sheet. 25% Negative Marking is followed in examination.
Last date for submission of Application Form
Monday, 30 May 2013 till 5.00 p.m
Date of LL.M. Entrance Test
Sunday, 16 June, 2013
Syllabus for DU LLM Entrance Exam 2013:
Although there is no defined syllabus for DU LLM Entrance Exam, the candidates may prepare the curriculum studied by them at LLB/B.A LLB level. One can prepare the following topics - Constitutional Law of India, Jurisprudence, Law of Contracts (General Principles), Law of Torts, Criminal Law, Environmental Law, Family Law of Marriage & Divorce, and Public International Law (Law of Peace). In addition, they should keep themselves updates with current affairs, by reading newspapers and books. Knowledge of basic English grammar rules is also necessary.
Common Aptitude Test for English (CATE):
· In today’s scenario proficiency in English language is mandatory wherever we go across the globe.
· This entrance exam is conducted by Delhi University to admit the students in various English courses in Delhi colleges.
· The residents of Delhi & non residents of Delhi can also take up this examination.
· There are 17 colleges admit students based on this exam for nearly 500-600 seats.
· There is no age limit for taking up is exam.
· The only criteria are that candidate must obtain 60% of marks in English during their higher secondary examination.
· The applications will be generally available in the month of May.
· The last date of receipt of application will be last day in the month.
· The examination will take place during the month of June & results will be announced in the last week of /June.
· The day after the examination result has been published the cut off mark will be announced.
· The application can be availed by sending a request to Registrar , Delhi University with a demand drat of Rs.300/- from State Bank of India in favour of Registrar , Delhi University”.
· As such there is no particular / specific syllabus for this examination.
· The questions will be asked to test the aptitude of candidates in literature.
CATE 2013 Important Dates:
· CATE 2013 application form starts from Mid May
· last date for availability of CATE 2013 application form: June 1st Week
· CATE 2013 Entrance Exam Date: June 2nd Week
CATE 2013 Eligibility:
CATE is Common Aptitude Test for English which is conducted by Delhi University. This test is conducted for admission for B.A. English (Hons) in 12 colleges affiliated to Delhi University. This CATE score is accepted by those colleges for admission.
CATE 2013 Eligibility Criteria:
· Candidates must have passed higher secondary exam (10+2) or its equivalent exam from state/ national board.
· Candidates must have minimum of 60% marks in English subject.
· Candidate must also have minimum of 60% marks in best four subjects (including English).
· Candidates waiting for results are also eligible to apply.
· SC/ ST/ PH are exempted from writing CATE and admission will be given as per university rule.
· At the time of admission, OBC candidate will be given a relaxation of 10 marks in CATE score.
Candidates get download CATE Admit Card 2013 from Delhi University Official website. Delhi university will upload Common Aptitude Test for English (CATE) 2013 Admit Card online on their main official website . Candidates who will be going to attend CATE 2013 Entrance exam, they need to visit Delhi university official website and get download their admit card online.
How to avail CATE 2013 Application Form:
· The most uniqueness of this exam & also only criteria to take up the exam, the applicants must attain 60% of marks in English during their higher secondary examination. The concept of age restriction doesn’t apply in this exam.
· The application can be brought by sending a request to Registrar , Delhi University .The examination fee of Rs.300/- should paid in the form of demand draft drawn from State Bank of India in favour of Registrar , Delhi University.
· The applications will be availed in the month of May The last date for filled application will be 31st of May. The exam will commences in June .The results will be declared in the last week of June & after a day later the cut off marks will be announced by the university. As such there are no specific topics to be asked in exam. The question asked in the examination will test the candidate’s knowledge in English literature.
Click here to visit website of Delhi University: www.du.ac.in